So you have forgotten your password and you can’t login to your computer, whether it is windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10? Today am going to show you how to bypass this and reset or remove the password without losing your data.
I have seen tutorials on the internet explaining how to remove windows login password using different software for each operating system. Well I came across a program that works on different versions of windows operating system from Windows XP to Windows 10. The program is called Hiren’s BootCD. It is a free software. I have tested it myself and it works 100%.
Download Hiren’s BootCD 15.2 For Free
To get started, you will need to download the ISO file of Hiren’s BootCD and burn it on a CD or a flash drive. Hiren’s BootCD is a free windows tool which can be downloaded HERE
2. Now insert the CD into your computer and restart it.
3. The computer will ask you to press any key to boot from CD or DVD. Press any key to continue.
4. The Hiren’s BootCD menu will come up. Select “Mini Windows XP” and press Enter
5. Now the Mini Windows XP will run on your computer but it won’t be installing anything.
6. Once the Mini Windows XP has been loaded, while on its desktop, double click on the HBCD Menu icon located on the desktop.
7. Click on Programmes > Password/Keys > Windows Login then click on NTPWEdit (Reset XP/Vista/7 User Password)
8. The NTPW Editor will open up. You are now required to change the drive letter to Local Disk letter.
9. To know the drive letter of your local disk, go to the desktop, click on “My Computer” and you will be able to see it. For this case, my local disk drive letter is ‘D’.
10. Now go back to step 8, change the drive letter from ‘C’ to ‘D’. This will list all the users available on your computer.
11. Select the user that is locked out or the user you are unable to login and click on “Change Password” and click OK. If you don’t want set a new password, you can leave the password fields blank and click OK to continue.
12. Click on Save Changes and Exit.
13. Finally remove the Hiren’s BootCD or flash disk, restart your computer and you should be able to login with the new password. If you left the password field blank, you should be able to login normally without asking for any windows password.