There are many reasons one may want to temporariry deactivate their facebook account, one of them may be that you think you waste too much time on facebook or you want to give facebook a break for sometime. If you think you will use your facebook account again, this tutorial explains steps which one can go through to temporarily deactivate their facebook account. Please note that when you deactivate your facebook account, you can reactivate it again at anytime. Deactivating a facebook account is different from deleting a facebook account. Deactivating is temporary while deleting is permanent. Read: How To Temporarily Deactivate A Facebook Account.
Steps To Temporarily Deactivate A Facebook Account
1. Log into your facebook account
2. In the top right corner, click on the arrow pointing down, scroll down and select Settings.
3. After that, click on Security in the upper right hand.
4. At the bottom of the security page, you will see an option called “Delete Your Account” and click on it.
5. Now for security measures, facebook will ask you to enter you login password which you must put before you proceed to the next step.
6. After entering your password, you will be taken to another page asking you to deactivate your account. Click on “Deactivate Your Account”.
7. Now you will be asked to select a reason why you have decided to deactivate your facebook account. Choose any and finally click on the “Deactivate” button at the bottom.
8. Done. You will now be automatically logged out of facebook.
If you love this post, please feel free to share it with your friends on social media. Thank you!
How To Back Up Your Facebook Data