The biggest misconception among aspiring tech entrepreneurs looking to start an online tech startup is that it requires in-depth knowledge of coding. However, the reality is far from it.
In the current market dynamics, most of the online businesses are built on Ready-made software solutions that do not require you to be a tech savvy or have extensive knowledge about coding. You don’t need to have the ability to write the code yourself, all you need is to understand the theory behind the idea.
The bottom line is that all you need to focus on is the business itself and not how to build it.
Many big tech companies you see in the world were started by non-technical people or guys who never stepped into any IT class.
Tech companies started by non-technical people
- Alibaba founder, Jack Ma, graduated from college with a degree in English.
- Airbnb founders, Joe Gebbia and Brian Chesky, have design backgrounds.
- Groupon founder, Andrew Mason, graduated from Northwestern University with a music degree.
- Oracle founder, Larry Ellison has a sales background.
- Tim Westergren, who founded Pandora in 2000, is an award-winning composer, an accomplished musician and a record producer.
- Jessica Scorpio, who founded Getaround, a peer-to-peer car sharing company graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science.
- Tim Chen, who founded NerdWallet, has a background in banking.
- Walker Williams, the founder of Teespring has a degree in Arts and History.
With a positive mindset and skillset, non-technical people can too be successful entrepreneurs and founders of tech startups. Many people have done before, thousands of times, and it can be done, this time by you who is reading the article now.
To be fair, we must understand that the successful tech founders you see today also started as non-technical persons. But through passion and trainings, these people were able to learn some hard skills.
You can do the same. You shouldn’t have any excuse for not taking an online course to learn how you can start a successful tech startup.
For one to launch a tech startup as a non-technical founder, you will need to have the following elements:
- Desire to read and write
- Be able to connect with other entrepreneurs
However If you’re thinking for building a tech startup, having basic of IT systems work will be very important, because when you hire someone to develop for you a product, you will also need to have a basic understanding of how the product works.
So don’t say you can’t do it because you didn’t study Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Engineering etc You can actually do it even when you have never stepped in school.
Got financial resources? Go for it, hire experts to do it for you. You can start a tech startup as a financial founder.
In conclusion, you shouldn’t just hire a person who knows how to code, hire a person who can sell your product as well.
At Boomnet Technologies, a tech company where I work, we offer several software solutions for web based businesses. Our software solutions are specifically aimed at those entrepreneurs who do not have any coding skills and want a plug-n-play solution. If you need any of our services, feel free to Contact Me Here